Wednesday, August 24, 2011

MY CORRUPTION TRAIL...................FROM 15 YEARS TO NOW..


In 70’s ...  I was 15 or 16 years old.
My folks asked me to get tickets from VT station for vacationing in South during summer holidays. I went to VT station and saw some 500 odd people standing in queue already at 5.am. I was perplexed and one guy approached me to assist me in jumping the queue for Rs. 20/=. I paid and I was taken inside the office and I got the tickets for my folks. I was patted on my back for being Smart boy.  I talked about it to some 10 odd friends of mine who in turn learned what to do in similar conditions. I am sure each of them would have talked to 10 others on how to be a Smart Kid.
In 80s... in my 20s
I got my driving licence from RTO for 2 wheelers by paying Rs. 50/= without having to go through any test. I now became a Smart Alec/Chap
In 90s... in my 30s..
Being a sales guy, I had to travel on a drop of a hat notice and would get into reserved compartment with an ordinary ticket. Smooth talk with the TC who would act difficult initially and would finally allot me a berth over some consideration..... My management could always rely on me to travel anytime anywhere.... I became a Smart cookie/ GO GETTER.
In 2000s....
My consignments were not cleared on time. Customs authorities’ create some problem or the other. Clearing agent asked my approval to spend Pepsi money to make this faster. I agreed... I am now a seasoned businessman, who knows how to do “Dhanda”.
In 2011.
I AM NOW 49 YEARS AND FEEL SO ORDINARY  FOR HAVING PLAYED A PART FOR WHAT COMMON CITIZENS LIKE ME HAVE DRIVEN THIS COUNTRY TO. WELL,  I AM YET TO HAVE ANY INTERACTION WITH ANY POLITICIANS TO HIDE BEHIND THEIR CORRUPT DEEDS.

I AM  GUILTY AND ASHAMED FOR WHAT I HAVE BECOME.... I AM WILLING TO CHANGE AND WILL DO MY BEST... thanks to ANNA

1 comment:

Vir Sivir's Blog said...

Hi Nat...

Trust me there would be millions like you but very few to admit it so openly and accept the prevailing sentiment of this day.

Yesterday when I was watching the parliament, looking at the whole parliament behaving in unison, it reminded me of my school when the principal came on rounds in the corridor. The class would be utterly disciplined and in attention.

For once I felt so proud to be an Indain.. the colour of democracy has over a billion shades and its power is limitless.

Jai Ho ! Anna.

Sharath